Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Make Do-Handmade Lemony Sugar Hand Scrub


No, not a food post.  I have been feeling off in the health department as of late, and so have been doing very little cooking.  However, I have been looking for a moisturizing, natural, sweet smelling hand scrub, and haven't found one that fits the bill.  So I figured, why not make my own.  I got the "recipe" for it here, and can't wait to try it out tonight before bed.

The only changes I made are: I used Extra-Virgin Olive Oil instead of Canola Oil, and I used about 20 drops of Organic Lemon Essential Oil.  I like the smell of olive oil and lemon together.  It's very Tuscan.



Since it has natural ingredients in it, this is it's home for now, not the romantic looking picture I took above for visually pleasing reasons. That's not even my bathroom. lol.  Maybe if I omit the lemon juice, and used water instead it would be more shelf stable.  I like it the way it is though, and it will feel really nice as the weather warms up.  Lemon is the quintessential summer smell in my humble opinion.

Next up I'm going to try Lavender and Lemon.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment